I have been called ‘ corona virus ’ several times. Initially I used to feel sick of it. Most of them
don't say it on face, they just whisper around. The last time I had an issue with this was in
Cannaught place.Usually I don't let it hurt my sentiments or don't go for altercation with them,
rather prefer to educate them, by enlightening them of our geography. But recently it reached
a saturation point. That day my mind was already pissed off after watching some
videos of North-easterns being called as coronavirus . I was walking past a barricade. A man,
perhaps of 32-34 walked aside me and taunted me the same . I flipped back and followed him.
“Kya bola?”My heart was palpitating,”Oe! Oe! Oe! kya bola ? Dubara bolo to ! . ” He wasn't looking
at me . He was striding away quickly as if he didn't even hear me . “ Oe ! b*****ch***d himmat hai
to dubara bolo to.” I slid my phone into my pocket . He was seemingly much capable than me
physically , at least 5.9ft with thick muscles, but my temper was higher than his
physique. I scanned around, there wasn't any stone , I picked a pebble and followed him . A
guy walking by my side said , " bhai ignore kar , tension mat le , nalayak log hai " which
somehow calmed my anger . I stopped and stood there and looked at the pebble in my hand . It
was quite small. Till then the guy was already on the other side of the road . He turned around,
stopped , and was staring at me . I pulled my hand holding the pebble in a notion as if it is being
thrown at him , my left hand pointing at him . But I turned around , dropped the tiny pebble and
walked away.
And I have been thinking about it since then.Why? Why? Why does this happen? If you are
aware,you must have seen that these are the same people who hold cow urine party , chanting
slogans like "corona naraj na ho"," go corona go " . These are the same people who worship
people like orange man DOLAAND TRUMP . The problem here is not that they hate the North-
easterns . Suppose if these people happen to meet a Pakistani and the Pakistani tells him that
he is from Rawalpindi . These guys although hating Pakistan , will give a better response to that
Pakistani than to us . Because he won't know where Rawalpindi is , thinking perhaps it's a district
in UP , Bihar or Madhya Pradesh . But although they know that Arunachal Pradesh is a part of
India , they think that all indians are brown coloured or has Aryan or Dravidian appearance . They
have no idea that a chinky eyed , short statured , pale skinned guy of mongoloid appearance
would be an Indian . Over the time of my short stay in Delhi , I got to know that most of the people
are really unaware of The North East India . Visit any public place like India gate or Jantar Mantar
and they will treat you like a celebrity,"sir one selfie please". And when we ask , "aapko bhi lena
hai ? ".They are baffled , " aapko hindi aati hai?"
And once you educate them,“oooh aap Arunachal se ho!!” there they are enlightened.
Sometimes I joke with the laundry wala and my tiffin aunty, I tell them " aap Pakistan jaiye",
" apne desh ki bhugol aap jaante nahi ?".What’s funny is that it has almost been a dozen times
where I have been explaining my rent aunty the difference between a country and a state.
Yesterday she said to me " bete aap apne desh jaker wapas humare pass hi aaker rehna aapke
uncle ke tabiyat to aap dekh hi rahe ho " ( gout patient ) .
The problem here is with the ' INDIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM ' . perhaps because of the reason that it still run under the frame laid during British India,The education sector in India
needs a major revamping . It needs to be modified from the kindergarten level to college level.
Bollywood movies like 3 idiots,Taare Zameen par to some extent tried to portray the anomaly
in our education system . But lesser are aware of the social problems like RACISM . I mean,
although the mainland Indians don't hate the North-easterns for being northeastern but calling
anybody by the name of a disease or be it out of ignorance or just to chill is also a form of racism.
The government at their best , has made several legislations to ease the insecurity of north
easterns , which proved to be a situation of " Bhains ke aage been bajana" . Because the
legislation perse will always be proved ineffective unless the mindset of the mass is changed.
it`s like watering the leaf rather than the root . This country has educational institutes run by
religion mafias . Where the citizens are indoctrinated at their tender age to believe in God sand
Goddesses with rigid and inflexible dogma which later become a human bomb that can explode
over other religion , but we don't have a single particular subject on social issues such as racism,
child marriage , dowry , untouchability , or gender equality . This is the reason that , India although
one among the top economic countries yet called a poor country . It’s high time that the
government include a subject on social issues on a par with maths and science.
No comments:
Post a Comment